Monday, April 11, 2011

Triathlon


Welp....I've been putting this off for far to long now. Triathlon training begins TONIGHT.  For those of you who haven't yet heard....my remarkable mother has been training all year long for a triathlon on Sept. 3, 2011. YES....my 21st birthday. She's been working so hard and has gotten so many other people to join her with her couch-to-tri challenge and has inspired me to run it with her. I figured it would be fun to fly home and run it with her and accomplish something to remember on my birthday. 

I didn't realize how hard it actually is....I can run 3 miles easy. I can bike 12 miles at the gym easy. Adding a SWIM and BonneyLakes HILLS to the equation.......its a whole different story.

A couple weeks ago I decided to jump in the pool to see just HOW much training I was going to need......The second I jumped in that pool..........I began to regret that decision REALLYYYY quick.....
I never realized before that I CANT SWIM. I mean I can swim enough to not drown....but I usually make it to the edge of the pool before that happens.........hahaha
I had EVERYONE in the pool area coaching me and trying to teach me proper swimming techniques...it was pretty embarrassing to say the least.........lol I'm ashamed to admit that there were a couple of moments where I actually dove into the water without putting my goggles back on...and of course I have to much pride to stop in the middle of the lane to put them back on. I've got a lot of work to do. My mom said that I can make it a relay..so someone else does the swim and I finish the race with the bike and the run.....but what would I be accomplishing? I figured if I'm going to do this I might as well do the whole thing.

OH YES...and did I mention the TIGER MUSKY FISH that I'll also be sharing my time in the water with at lake tapps? My MOTHER forgot to mention that part to me.


seriously..........

LOOK AT THE TEETH ON THAT THING!!!!!


if my mom doesn't find me the thickest body suit possible....its NO BEUNO for me. 

Anyways, wish me luck with the training. I'm going to need it...I'll check back in to let you know how its going. 

Happy Monday Fun Day :)

with love, 
Jess







No comments:

Post a Comment