Friday, April 29, 2011

World Cheerleading Championships




So around this time 3 years ago, I had one of the most memorable experiences of my life. The week I went to the World Cheerleading Championships for the very first time with South Elite All stars and came home with a World Title! Not many people can actually say they have a world championship title..and I'm not gonna lie...I love to say it! haha It was so unexpected...none of us had any idea that we even had a chance. We were just hoping to make it to finals! Let alone win... Just to have the opportunity to go was a blessing in itself. Words cant even express how amazing Worlds is! Performing in front of hundreds of people against the best teams in the world! Seeing teams from all over the world like my all time favorite team BANGKOK! Everyone is just so excited and nervous..the energy is just crazy! Every time I think about Worlds, I think about all the amazing experiences I've been blessed with. At age 20 going on 21, I feel pretty good about the things that I've accomplished and experienced so far in my life.  I'm so thankful for the opportunities that have been given to me by my family, friends, and coaches. I've met the most amazing people through out my cheerleading years and have the most wonderful memories because of it.  It makes me realize how much I miss cheer....but I always knew it would come to an end at some point.  I've moved on from it, but I wont ever forget what its given me. I am who I am today because of not just cheerleading in general, but the teams that I had the pleasure of being apart of and the people I have met through them.

To all of my teams competing this weekend at Worlds, GOOD LUCK and be thankful for the experience you've been given!
I'll be going to Orlando, Florida Sunday night so I'll just miss the competition, but hopefully I'll get to catch some old friends before they take off!

Although I wont be going to Florida for the competition, I will be going for the first annual All Things Cheer staff camp training! For those of you that didn't know, I'm a staff member for ATC and coach cheer camps in the summer. I'm super pumped that they decided to fly us out to florida for it! I cant wait to see everyone and get this camp season started!

I hope you all have a fun and SAFE Friday!
With much love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment